Retrofitting caravan underfloor heating
Thanks to its special properties, the Mi-Heat Premium heating film is ideal for upgrading and retrofitting electric underfloor heating in caravans, motor homes, campers, tiny houses, boats, lorries, cars, campers, motorhomes, expedition vehicles or similar vehicles. Due to the offered film widths of 30, 50 and 80cm, this heating film can be used for almost any project.
The heat generated by the heating film is transferred directly and evenly to the floor covering laid over the heating film, thus ensuring pleasantly warm feet. The Premium heating film can be installed quickly and with low investment costs as additional heating in vehicles.
As a supplement to an already installed heating system, our floating electric underfloor heating gives you even more freedom and independence when travelling. Extend your camping adventure and enjoy the comfort of a warm floor even in the cooler Season!
Select the required width and length of each individual heating film sheet opposite to put together your individual underfloor heating System.
If several heating film strips are required, place them individually in the shopping basket. If the required film length is not available, you can simply select the next longer heating film strip and shorten it to the required length yourself according to the enclosed instructions and insulate it electrically with the insulation tape included in the delivery.
When installing the heating films in vehicles, the following points must be observed:
- The heating film can only be used in vehicles to temper the floor. To raise the room air temperature, it requires an additional heat source (parking heaters such as Truma or Webasto).
- The heating film must always be thermally monitored by means of a thermostat and an external floor sensor (Thermostat recommendation).
- The heating film must not be used in damp rooms, e.g. in the bathroom.
- The heating film must not be laid in areas where there is fully supported furniture or objects with a diameter greater than 6 cm.
- When using several heating film strips, connect them in parallel to the thermostat. The maximum switching capacity of the thermostat must be observed. Depending on the number of heating films, additional Wago terminals may be required.
- To be able to feel the generated heat, it is mandatory to cover the heating film with a floor covering.
- Do not use the palm of your hand to measure the temperature, as this has approximately the same temperature as the surface temperature of the heating film. Use an infrared thermometer or a thermostat with an external floor sensor. Refer to the thermostat's instructions for any settings required for electric floor heating.
- Depending on the current ambient temperature, allow a lead time of up to 60 minutes.
- The use of a heating film underlay that matches the floor covering can improve the efficiency of the heating film.
- Low investment costs
- Flat installation height
- Easy Assembly
- Extremely robust thanks to double insulation
- Highest efficiency due to CNT technology
Operating voltage: 230 volts
Max. Power consumption: 130 Watt/m² +/-10%.
Heating surface per m²: 86%
Path width: 30 / 50 / 80cm
Active area: 28 / 47,5 / 77,5cm
IR wavelength: 7-14 microns
Temperature resistant: up to 80°C
Material thickness: 0,49mm
Insulation: 4-layer, 2-fold insulation
Scope of delivery:
1x Premium caravan heating film in selected width and length with ready-made 2.5m connection cable
1x Insulation tape in suitable film width (required if a track is to be shortened)
1x Instruction manual