Digital touch screen room thermostat
An all-in-one thermostat for controlling electric and water-guided floor heating systems where optimum comfort temperature and minimum energy consumption are required.
Temperature control can be achieved either by means of an external floor sensor, or via the room temperature sensor built into the thermostat. Adaptive control ensures the comfort temperature at the desired time.
The resistive touch display requires only a soft tap with your fingertip to register the touch.
The thermostat switches your heating system on at preset times every day of the week. Individual temperatures can be set for each day of the week for up to six different periods, called phases. Lowering the temperature when no one is home reduces your energy costs without reducing comfort.
The thermostat has a learning function that automatically changes heating start times to ensure that the desired temperature is reached at the beginning of each special phase. After a few days, the learning function has detected how much earlier to switch on the heating.
Simple animated menu navigation and programming in fourteen different languages. Programming is now child's play, allowing the quickest and easiest configuration.
- French language
- Polish language
- Czech (Czech)
- Russian language
- Italian language
- Spanish language
The thermostat offers seven different operating modes for temperature control:
- Planed Operation
- Frost protection
When activated, this function ensures that the target/setpoint temperature is already reached at the beginning of a phase. After only a few days, the learning function has automatically calculated how much earlier to switch the heating on/off to achieve this.
With this option you can activate the "Open window" function. The thermostat can detect an open window when it registers a rapid drop in temperature. When this function is activated, if an open window is detected, the thermostat will switch off the heating for 30 minutes.
Use the button to display the energy consumption data of your underfloor heating.
This option allows you to enter the various data required for the energy consumption calculation.
The eco function reduces energy consumption by unnecessary heating when you leave the room/house during a scheduled heating phase.
- Easy menu navigation via touch screen
- 12 different languages to choose from
- Easy to install, only 18 mm installation height, blends into installations
- Compatible with many existing floor sensors, therefore ideally suited for renovation purposes
- 5-year battery backup for clock and calendar
- Automatic adjustment to daylight saving time
- Energy consumption monitoring over 2, 30 or 365 days with switch-on time and cost Display
- 4-phase programme for automatic comfort and setback temperature (per day)
- Temporary manual programme change possible (party mode)
- Manual mode, holiday mode, frost protection mode
- QR code display for easy handling and support
Mounting type: flush-mounted
Operating voltage: 230 volts
Max. switching capacity: 16A / 3680Watt
Control type: adaptive control
Operating temperature: 0-40°C
Sensor: Internal & external NTC 12kOhm 1.8m
Temperature control range (internal): 5-40°C (room sensor)
Temperature control range (external): 5-40°C (floor sensor)
Frost protection: Yes
Floor limitation range: 5-40°C
Display/illumination: Yes Touch/Yes
IP protection class: IP21
Dimensions: (WxHxD) 82x82x40mm (18mm installation height)
Suitable for the following switch series
- Berker (S.1, B.1, B.3, B.7 Glass)
- GIRA (System 55, Standard 55, E2, E22, Event, Esprit)
- Merten (1-M, Atelier-M, M-Smart, M-Arc, M-Star, M-Plan)
- JUNG (A 500, AS 500, A plus, A creation)
- ELSO (Joy)
Scope of delivery
1x MCD5 thermostat
1x floor sensor
1x mounting material
1x German operating instructions